Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Fro-yo


I just like saying it. But before trying this recipe, I thought I didn't like frozen yogurt. The stuff of food courts and supermarket freezer sections never appealed to me, seeming like an ice cream pretender that fell far short. But this recipe from 101 Cookbooks has that tang of yogurt that I love, and I used the decreased amount of sugar suggested. Now I'm game to try some other fro-yo recipes!

But first, a useful tip:

If you don't have cheesecloth at home like I didn't last night, try this. Line a mesh strainer with a paper towel, and set that over a bowl. Spoon the yogurt into the paper towel and cover the top with plastic wrap, and all the liquid will drain into the bowl. You've got strained yogurt!
http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/a-frozen-yogurt-recipe-to-rival-pinkberrys-recipe.html


Update: This freezes really hard! Almost unscoopable. But leaving it on the counter for a few minutes sets it to rights.

1 comment:

  1. Neat tip! Welcome to the world of blogging!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Feel free to leave some comment love.

Please post any questions in the comments, but if you need to e-mail me I can be reached at secondbreakfastblog at gmail dot com.