Thursday, November 12, 2009

Rose's Banana Refrigerator Cake

100

A quickie post on Rose Levy Beranbaum's Banana Refrigerator Cake, since I'm playing catch-up.  This one is a lot like banana bread, but less dense and with a tender crumb, and topped with Rose's Dreamy Creamy White Chocolate Frosting (silly name).  I normally dislike white chocolate, but the thin layer was a nice and not-too-sweet accompaniment.

032

Rose writes that the cake stays soft even in the refrigerator because oil is used instead of butter, hence the name.  The cake is simple enough to make, although you may not have the white chocolate and turbinado sugar on hand, but it's nice for an occasional Sunday.  Think of it as a fancier banana bread.  If you want the recipe, shoot me a message or leave a comment!

037

2 comments:

  1. This looks delicious! I'd love the recipe for this!! Mail me at yumsiliciousbakes@gmail.com, or just post it here :P Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I was looking for a moist banana cake and came across your blog... Can you forward Rose's refrigerator banana cake recipe to me? I would love to give it a try... Thanks so much!
    LeeYong rolfmester@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Feel free to leave some comment love.

Please post any questions in the comments, but if you need to e-mail me I can be reached at secondbreakfastblog at gmail dot com.