Sunday, August 12, 2012

Boston Globe Review: Patty Joe's Po-Boy

Patty Joe's Po-Boy Cafe
Photos by Shirley Goh/Globe Staff
Down-home southern meets New England seafood at Patty Joe's Po-Boy Cafe in Abington.  Here you can see (clockwise from top) the Cajun hush puppies, shrimp po-boy, and clam strips roll that I sampled.  Read on to see what else I tasted!

Read my review in the Globe South section of The Boston Globe section here .  If you run into the subscriber pay wall, you can also read it here.

6 comments:

  1. A very extensive review and i want to try all these items! They remind me of good old comfort food :)
    - abeer @ www.cakewhiz.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live in the South and I still haven't tried hush puppies. I need to get on that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're kidding! Do I foresee a post in the future? :)

      Delete
  3. As a seafood lover, all these dishes are irresistible! When I visited Boston before I had great time enjoying seafood. I don't think I've tried hush puppies, or maybe I did. It's been a long time and I don't remember too well. They look very good and now I'm hungry!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hush puppies are definitely more a southern thing than a Boston thing. Try them the next time you're in a southern restaurant.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting! Feel free to leave some comment love.

Please post any questions in the comments, but if you need to e-mail me I can be reached at secondbreakfastblog at gmail dot com.