Friday, February 15, 2013

Chocolate Pots de Creme

Chocolate Pots de Creme

If you celebrate Valentine's Day, I hope it was a good one.  I view it as a commercial holiday, but always worthy of a good dessert. In years past I've made desserts that Joe would like, but they're usually flavors that don't appeal to me (like the combination of peanut butter and chocolate).  I did the same this year and will cover that in another post, but this year I also made something for me.  These are Chocolate Pots de Creme I've been eyeing ever since I saw them on Facebook around New Year's.  They are creamy, indulgent, and very chocolaty.  They're also gluten-free.  And they are the easiest thing in the world to make.

Chocolate pots collage

The only difficult part is chopping a block of chocolate.  I should stick to buying bars from now on.  You just toss the chopped-up chocolate in the food processor, pour in some hot milk and cream to blend, and you're almost done.  Blend in an egg, some vanilla, and allspice.  Pour into cups or ramekins, and chill for a few hours.  The recipe filled exactly two 6-ounce ramekins, perfect for a Valentine's Day dessert.  But I plan to treat myself to the recipe throughout the year.  Joe also got me flowers for the occasion -- I wonder if I can keep the cats from eating them?

From Chocolate Pots by Nigella Lawson in Nigella Bites, via Milk and Honey.
To view the recipe, visit Milk and Honey.

6 comments:

  1. Yeah, I'm not into Valentine's Day except for the whole dessert part. :) These look so rich and decadent--I've been wanting to try pots de creme too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like they're supposed to be baked, like pots de creme are made in the oven and pudding on the stove top. But I won't argue about how easy these were!

      Delete
  2. Very chocolatey and I love it! I also love the red dishes too - so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Feel free to leave some comment love.

Please post any questions in the comments, but if you need to e-mail me I can be reached at secondbreakfastblog at gmail dot com.